The Embassy has outsourced the handling of applications to VFS. Visa and Immigration related queries should, therefore, be addressed to the VFS Global Services via email or telephone: +254 205147907.
VFS Norway Visa Application Centre
5th Floor, Parkfield Building
Off Waiyaki Way
Opposite Safaricom House
Norway Visa Requirements
Applicant to go in person
- Completed and signed Cover Letter from the Application Portal constitutes the application form when registering online.
- One-color photo, not more than six months old, passport size (45 mm x 35 mm), full face and taken against a light background.
- Questionnaire – duly filled in and signed.
- Preliminary ticket booking or travel itinerary (It is recommended not to buy a flight ticket at this stage and wait to purchase the ticket until a visa has been granted).
- Schengen medical travel insurance, which covers all costs that could arise as a result of emergency medical assistance, emergency hospitalization or medical repatriation.
- Letter of invitation (or proof of prepaid accommodation if traveling as a tourist).
- Guarantee Form in original and copy.
- Copy of the host’s passport or Residence Permit, if a private visit.
- Letter from employer/school/organization in original, authorizing leave of absence (if applicable).
- If self-employed: Registration of Company, KRA PIN, certified bank statement.
- Certified bank statement, payslips for the last three months, title deeds.
- Copy of the national ID card (both sides) or proof of legal stay in Kenya e.g. Kenyan residence permit or re-entry stamp in passport for non-Kenyans. If the applicant is not a resident of Kenya, a justification for lodging the application here must be provided.
- Copy of Certificate of Birth/Marriage/Divorce if applicable.
- Copies of passport data page and Schengen Visas and stamps, if any.
The applicant should appear in person at the embassy in Nairobi (the visa section is open Tuesday – Thursday 09.00-12.00).
- Upon submission of the application, the applicant’s passport will be stamped to indicate that an application for a Schengen visa has been submitted.
- The embassy will do a search in the Schengen Information System (SIS) database to check whether the applicant is prohibited from entering any of the Schengen countries.
- The processing time for a visa application will be no less than 2 weeks if it is to be decided by the embassy. In certain cases, the visa application will have to be forwarded to the Norwegian authorities.
- The processing time will then be 2-4 months. Be aware that the application will not be processed unless the required documents are enclosed with the application.
- If the application is granted, a visa sticker will be affixed to the passport over the stamp. If the application is rejected, any appeal must be forwarded to the Norwegian Immigration Authorities through the Embassy.
- Please note that from June 1st, 2004, everybody traveling to Norway on a Schengen visa needs to document travel/health insurance for the length of their stay prior to their departure.
We are a Travel Management Company and we offer visa assistance service at a standardized non-refundable fee.Kindly fill in the form below and we will get back to you