Spain Visa Requirements
Application to be presented in person
- Application on the official form, handwritten or typed, in capital letter, duly completed and signed.
- One recent photograph,4 x 5 cms, in color but a plain white background without shadows showing full front face, and both ears, preferably without spectacle, and with no hat nor scarf nor sunglasses.
- Valid passport or official travel document accepted by Schengen countries, and valid for at least 3 months longer than the validity of the visa, with at least one blank visa page.
- Previous passport if any.
- Kenyan resident permit or re-entry stamp in passport of non-Kenyans valid minimum 3 months after expiry of the visa (bank statement).
- Birth and/or marriage certificate may be required.
- Invitation /proof of purpose of travel.
- Personal Bank statement.
- Evidence of accommodation in host country e.g. invitation from friends or family, hotel reservation, copy of lease agreement/title deed).
- Proof of sufficient funds or evidence of maintenance in the host country.
- Letter from employment, including information on leave of absence, if applicable.
- If unaccompanied minor signed letter of authorization and parental consent and a copy of parent/guardians passport.
- Confirmed flight reservation, once the visa is authorized, the ticket will have to be presented.
- International Medical Insurance.
- A personal interview may be necessary at the discretion of the consul.
Note: All documents must be submitted at the same time as the application form. An incomplete application will not be accepted.
Additional specific required documentation supporting a visa application depends on the purpose of the visit
1. Purpose of Visit; Visiting friends/relatives:
- Official Invitation signed at a Spanish Police Station, specifying duration of visit, and confirming that accommodation, living expenses e.tc will be met.
- Proof of relationship to relative: birth certificate of applicant and birth certificate of a relative, to prove the said relationship.
- If employed, approval of leave via letter from employer
- If the applicant finances the stay, bank statement or salary slips of the previous three months as proof of adequate financial means. Originals only accepted.
2. Purpose of visit; Tourism:
- Travel itinerary from Travel agent
- Confirmed hotel reservation
- If employed, a letter from the employer stating the current position and monthly salary, and approval of leave. This letter must mention the complete company name, address, with telephone and telex numbers
- Bank statement or salary slips of the previous three months as proof of solvency / adequate financial means. Original only accepted. Other documents proving adequate financial means.
3. Purpose of visit; Business:
- If self-employed, copy of company registration in Kenya
- If working for a company, official letter from the employer, stating the purpose of travel, and specifying who will finance the business trip. This letter must mention the complete company name, address, email address, telephone and telefax numbers, where possible.
- Invitation from the company in Spain
- Bank statement or salary slips of the previous three months as proof of solvency / adequate financial means.
- All the above documents must be presented in its original form.
4. Purpose of visit; Conference / Course / Training:
- Invitation from the organizer of the conference/course in Spain to be forwarded directly by the said organizer, to the embassy of Spain in Kenya.
- If working for a company, the original letter from the employer stating the purpose of the conference/course, and who will finance the same. This letter must mention the complete company name, address, with e-mail address, telephone and telefax numbers, where possible.
- Proof of payment of conference/course
- Bank statements or salary slips of the previous three months as proof of solvency / adequate means.
The consular section reserves the right to request any complementary documentation it considers necessary.
Once all the required documents are presented, the consular section will decide within five working days, on the granting or denying of the visa.
We are a Travel Management Company and we offer visa assistance service at a standardized non-refundable fee. Contact us for more information
Kindly fill in the following form and well get back to you.